This recipe is taken from a certain well known supermarket magazine many years ago when my children were still small. It is a good natured recipe and will tolerate some changes depending on what you have in your cupboards and can be embellished with the addition of some dried fruit or chocolate pieces added to the mixture before baking, or dipped/drizzled with chocolate at the end once the flapjacks are cool.
80g Brown Sugar
150g Golden Syrup
335g Porridge Oats
- Turn oven on to 180.
- Line a tin approx. 27cm x 17cm (or similar) with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan to melt. Then let the mixture bubble away for 1 minute.
- Stir in the porridge oats until well coated in the sugary butter mixture.
- Tip into the lined tin, spread out and lightly tap down (best not to really flatten the mixture).
- Put in the oven for 11 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately score into squares with a knife and leave to cool in the tin.
- Once cool turn out and cut up properly.