- 175g Caster Sugar
- 280g Icing sugar
- 450g Ground Almonds
- 2 Eggs Beaten
Makes enough to cover a 20cm / 8 in cake
- Mix the sugars and almonds in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and add eggs.
- Cut eggs into dry ingredients using a table knife.
- Dust your surface with icing sugar, and kneed the dough briefly. (don't over do it as it can get greasy) add more icing sugar if it seems a bit wet.
- Shape into a log, wrap and keep cool until needed.
Will keep in the fridge for a week. Once put on a cake and left to dry (for at least 24 hours) it can be iced and will keep for 1-2 months.
You can replace the egg with water for a vegan version. Vanilla, Citrus, Rose Water and other flavours can be added if desired.